SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kfhl

Please Help!!! I can't decide...

kfhl
12 years ago

I am meeting with the cabinet maker tomorrow and I really can't wait any longer if I want to keep our new build on track, but I can't decide on my kitchen layout. I am feeling pretty desperate for some help from the fabulous GW gurus...

The biggest issue is the island. I have room for 11'6" (keeping min. of 48" aisles)and that would give me the 2 DW's I want - (I run it daily and handwash a ton), but if I don't want a big seam in the granite slab I have to stay under 10 feet. I love, love , love J.Brodie's island, but I'm not sure if it would work in my kitchen with all of the modifications - a sink in the island, no seating on the end, and a different finish. The bookcases would give me a nice place for a seam that I think would be okay and that would allow for a longer island.

I will have shaker style cabinets w/slab drawer fronts - white perimeter and an antiqued cherry island. We plan to have brushed black granite countertops.

We have 3 kids (12,10 &3) and we also foster so we often have 4 - plus lots of friends etc. We do a lot of casual entertaining and host large family dinners - holidays, etc.

Thanks so much for your input. I could really use some help from the incredible GWers!

A picture of JBrodie's island.

Previous layout.

Comments (12)