SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_51274594

EEK! I can't decide my exterior colors! Please help! I'm terrible @ it

User
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello Everyone- We are having our exterior painted in 2 weeks and I still cannot decide on a main color........ Light with Dark accent or Dark with light accent! We found a house with colors that we love, love the colors but we live in a different climate about 2 hours away from that house. We live in the high desert of Eastern Oregon. Land of wind, dust and sage brush. We have no shade as we have just started to plant a few trees. We have cold winters and hot summers, one extreme to the next. Our painter is using Dunn Edwards paint. I have a few color ideas but worry about sun fading, sun heating up the west section of our home during the hottest part of the day and cold winters which could use any heat absorption from the sun.

So.....the first photos are the front & back of my home with it's current faded look which we hate (not our color choice, we bought this house with this color). The next photo is my inspiration home (Colors are SW Griffin, SW Moth Wing and SW Pearly White). Last photo is the color scheme I was wanting/aiming for.

My Dunn Edwards colors that are closest to our inspiration home are: Cocoa Powder with Sorrel Felt accent on a few peaks and Fresh Snow trim. However Grange Hall (LRV 19) would be a runner up for the main color. I also for the life of me have zero idea how to pick a shutter color if I go with the dark exterior and I don't know if Cocoa Powder will be too dark anyway (LRV 15). Help me please! :)

Have I confused you? Sorry, I am confused about all of it! :) Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas. :) :) :)

Front of my home

Back

My inspiration colors

My colors that we tried to match with the colors above....

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz