SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

What to wear? Please help - I can't decide!

caliloo
15 years ago

Hey all

On Fri evening DH and I are going to a black tie fundraiser for the local Chamber Orchestra. It is actually the 50th anniversary, so it will be quite the "do" at one of our local country clubs.

Anyway, DH has dusted off his tux (and is VERY pleased that he can still button the jacket LOL) but that leaves me to decide what I am wearing. Here are my options:

1. Black velvet evening gown, high neck (picture a sleeveless turtle neck) where only the neck is heavily beaded in black. Not sure if it is too early in the season for velvet though it will be chilly (40's) on Fri night.

2. Black knit dress, rounded shallow scoop neck, sleeveless. The bottom of the dress has vertical rows of black beads that are different heights. Almost like a beaded city skyline along the hem.

3. Black velvet tank dress with a few extraordinary pieces of jewelry.

4. Black velvet long skirt, taupe shiny sleeveless top with a 2 inch wide band of silver beads around the neckline.

5. Black slinky long skirt with the above top.

6. I could get really wacky and wear a long raspberry sheath dress that is very low V-necked and has a high slit, but I don't have great shoes for it.

I have a dinner jacket I could make work with either of the long velvet dresses, it is a burned out fall pattern in black and very dark jewel tones. Or I can wear either a grey cashmere wrap (sort of casual though) or an ivory lace wrap with loooong fringe. When I have it on, the fringe reaches almost to my ankles in the back. It is just a little bit funky, so I'm not sold on it. Of course, I could go without a wrap - I tend to be "hot blooded" and am unlikely to need it until we are in the car on the way home.

I have black strappy sandles and several evening bags to choose from so accessories will not be a problem once I decide on the outfit.

Which of the above sound most interesting?

Thanks

Alexa

Comments (15)