SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_4

Step mom stress....

mom_of_4
16 years ago

I am a SM to three great kids (10,8,5) and mom to one terrific kid (4).... I have been looking for somewhere where I could say things that I cant really express to those who arent dealing with the same situation. My sk's bm is not a terrible person... she has her moments of being a half way decent mom... though those moments are usually few and far between and only to spite me. For example it was my sd kindegarten graduation so I took her to get a dress and shoes for the occasion... the bm had a fit and made a big deal out of having the sd the night before so she could do her hair etc (something very out of character for her) at the grad. she played up her supermom status (oh look at my baby girl) and I as usual stood in the backround... mind you the other two ss had awards the next two day that i couldnt go too bc of work that she didnt bother to show up to at all...The BM only does things for her kids when it is conveniant or is going to make her look good... the kids live with us and I am the person that does homework cleans take care of .... all the usuals of a mom... I love those kids I wouldnt have it any other way... It is jsut frustrating that I am the person that does all of the hard stuff (with the help of hubby) and she gets to swoop in and be super mom... she works like two days a week and lives with her parents...we pay for her car for two more years..so when she does randomly decide to be a good mom it's usually with buying them things... this irritates me bc not only does it leave my daughter out who sees the other three big bros and big sis... but I would love to be able to afford all of the random extravangances... but we are to busy buying shoes, clothes, food, and paying for football for the boys... which by the way I know she will show up to just to say Oh those are my babies and make a big production out of her momhood... a title she rarely deserves... We cant even get the woman to change the kids clothes when she has them for the weekend... and sunday's when they get dropped off usually around four... her statement is "oh they havent eaten, we were going to get some lunch but we didnt have time since your already her at 4 oclock the time she told us to be there.... My hubby says the kids will know whats up when they are older and I know that is true but in the mean time I keep biting my tongue against her dirty looks and petty comments all of the time... the kids call me by my first name... she will only let them call me Ms.____...as if I am some a babysitter or random adult on the street... I really want just one time to put her in her place and not take any of her crap anymore...and hubby says I should... I am just afraid that if I do it will cause more problems than it's worth... I just wish she would get over herself and realize that it is not about her it is about the kids...

Comments (20)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm