SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayla0604

Stepfather teen boy BIG problems

kayla0604
16 years ago

Background

My single Mother went out to bars a lot and I was left to get in lots of trouble. So I got pregnant at 16. My Mother let me marry the guy, he was a drug addict, alcoholic and very verbally abusive. He was also 8 years older than I was. Soon after I was married off my mother married and moved to a very small town, where she settled down and is now a Sunday school teacher.

My married life was hellish to say the least. He refused to work, he was sleeping with our neighbor, He was drinking a lot and we lived in pay by the week trailer parks that were very run down. I lost so many things because we were often evicted and I could pack everything in time or I was just too depressed to try to move everything.

I finally left and moved in with my mom and step dad. My son was about 18 months at this time and my step dad was a little hard on my son, in my opinion. My step dad said I babied him too much. I felt like in order to live there I had to let my step dad tell me how to raise my child. Most of the time my step dad would not tell my son what to do, he would tell me I had to do this and that. When my son was in time out my step dad would make me leave him there longer than he should have.

So I married a new guy. He was a firefighter. I thought this is a guy that loves his job. He was good stable guy and I have to get out of my parents house. So we married I was pregnant with my daughter, and he failed a drug test and lost his job. After a fast downward spiral I end up back at my mom's. Back to Step dad telling me how to raise both of my kids now.

I got a great job. After working for next to nothing in factory after factory I found a good job with a future. I moved into an apartment for two years. I had a roommate that became a boyfriend. We were together for slightly over 2 years. Right before the end of that relationship I bought a house. I moved to a smaller town because I was concerned about the schools in the city I lived in.

So boyfriend is gone now, I have just bought my first home on my own. Life is great. I met a great man. Got married! I'm so so so happy. My son is very angry.

I have at this point been married almost two years. My son goes to stay with my mom and step dad often. When he comes home he acts angry with me. He likes my husband, he begs for my husband to coach his football team. But when he comes home from their house he acts like he hates us.

So several weeks ago. My husband and I were cooking and my son came in the kitchen and started looking in the fridge. I have always had a no kid in the kitchen rule when I'm cooking.(I had a friend trip and spill boiling water on a child) So my husband asked my son to leave. My son said no. It got a little heated and my son pulled his fist back. At that time my husband said "Do you want to fight me? Do you want to take this outside?" My husband is 6'4" 300pounds. He was not serious he was responding to my son's actions.

So my my son told my parents what happened and they now HATE my husband they make fun of him because he cooks and cleans. They told my son he shouldn't clean the bathroom because thats woman's work.

Last week my son went to my parent's. When he came home he refused to do his homework and he started getting angry with me. My husband told him not to speak to me like that and that he needed to do what I say. My son hit my husband in the face, and grabbed a baseball bat and tried to hit him. My husband was yelling call the police.

The police came and even though I refused to press charges they arrested him anyway. We went to court the next day. My step dad and my brother came in and started a ruckus.

Now I'm refusing to speak to my family. My son wants to go live with my parents and my husband is fearful my son will attack us while we sleep, or harm someone else.

My son caused more trouble yesterday and went for a bat again. I think he's just going to keep it up until I let him move out. My parent's let him do anything he wants. He rides an atv with out a helmet. He drives at 14. They let him go with people they don't know. They let him hunt out of season and without a license. I just don't know what to do. My home is not a happy one right now.

I know a lot of this is because of living with them before, I just don't know how to fix it now.

Please help.

Comments (81)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus