SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fedup_2010

18 year old daughter and stepfather don't get along

fedup_2010
14 years ago

I am new here and at this point I am looking for some help in this situation. I have been married for 5 years now (second marriage)and my oldest daughter and her stepfather got along ok now it has become much worse in the past 3 years. He can't stand her and everything that she does he always has to make a comment or say something about it. It's like he wants to make it so bad that she moves out, his son moved out of the house at 17 for he didn't want to follow the house rules. I do know that he blames me for his son moving out and I think he is going to make it pure hell until he gets my daughter to go. She does not spend anytime here at the house unless he is gone. She goes to school and then goes to work, hangs out with her friends and that is all. I am becoming very resentful towards my husband and if he is doing this to me oldest what will he do when my 15 year old gets to be that age. I really want out and at this point am stuck here for I have lost my job and have no where to go. He is always telling me that I am going to be served with divorce papers but I never see anything and he at one point told me that an order of protection was on my oldest daughter but come to find out that was a lie too. I am looking for some help and he refuses to go to counceling for it is everyone else that has the problem not him.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor