SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brenda13_gw

Daughter 20 doesn't get along with my husband

Brenda13
21 years ago

I am in my early 40's and just recently married seven months ago. This is my first marriage and he is my "knight in shining armor" My daughter, because of many reasons, moved back home last fall.

The big problem is: they don't get a long. My daughter is a very moody person...very emotional and every day is like a roller coaster ride with her. You never know what type of mood she'll be in. My husband doesn't like ~moody people~ so the easiest way for him to cope with her is to ignore her. I have to commend him for keeping his mouth shut on many occasions.

I've asked them both to sit down and call a truce or whatever they can do to make life easier. But, she is hard to talk to. She will cry or just walk away instead of having an adult conversation.

This too has now caused problems with my parents and husband.

This is causing me stress and I don't know what to do. My daugher has no where else to go but life would be much simpler if she lived else where. She needs to grow up and I think she has a hard time sharing her mother...I was always a single parent before this marriage.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Signed,

~torn between the two most important people in my life~

Comments (20)