SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommaof6_gw

Father won't discipline daughter--step mom does all

mommaof6
15 years ago

My 13 year old step daughter wrote a several word ( all expletives) describing me on My Space. My husband who has never disciplined her , spoke with her in a very calm way, and gave her a very light punishment. I had very little input. She secretly called her mom to come and get her, he let her leave, she said she didn't want to live with us. They argued and evidently she mentioned reasons she doesn,t want to live here. She went home that weekend (we have her every Fri, sat, sun, mon, and have done this since she was 4. My 1st husband passed away, I have 4 children 23, 19, 17, 11, and together we hve an 8 year old.), came on Christmans Eve, then called and said she wanted to stay at her MOms again--to set up her new computer. My husband was so distraught that he is not giving her any punishments. None for the expletive about me, none for anything else. I wrote up rules that I thought b oth of our girls could follow( the 11, almost 12 year old is a girl, and they share a room) and he doesn't want any rules or punishment for his daughter. I said that isn't fair, that our 11 year old gets punished. He said thats my problem tha I punish her, and basically I have no idea how it feels to lose a child. I don't agree at all-of course--I have really been the only one to EVer discipline her. I think this is really going to her our marriage. Any suggestions?? Is there any hope?? This is not the first time things have been "brushed under the carpet", in regards to my stepdaughte

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths