SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lacebrandon

I need help with a jungle room for a wild toddler (pic included)

lacebrandon
12 years ago

I need help decorating my son's room. He will be 3 in October and we recently moved him from a toddler bed to a big boy bed. So now mommy wants a big boy room to match. I would like to do a jungle theme without it being to babyish. I already painted half of the room a nice green (hanging vine by valspar) and I will paint the wall with the entertainment center green as well. I am considering painting the inside of the closet and the little nook a different color. However I don't know what color. The bed and entertainment center will remain in the room and although the rain gutter bookshelf looks too fancy for a jungle theme, I am in love with it.

I need ideas on bedding and curtains. I was thinking about either giraffe print sheets or comforter. I bought a stick of stained bamboo (which I love because it is the same color as the entertainment center) and I am planning on using it as a curtain rod but I don't know what color curtains.

I want something over his bed but nothing he can pull off on him maybe a wall decal? I heard etsy.com has some great ones.

I also bought some loose raffia and want to add it somehow in the room.

The closet does have doors (bi-fold) but I really do not like them and I am considering leaving them off and just buying fabric to cover it.

Nothing we have so far is really screaming jungle other then his stuffed monkey. What would you do to make it a jungle room while still being safe for a toddler?

{{!gwi}}

Comments (16)