SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittycat76

Need help with art niche (pics)

kittycat76
16 years ago

I need some help with this art niche please! It's right when you walk in the house, open to the formal dining room, entry way and stair case. (Please ignore my paint samples sitting on the ledge LOL; I was too lazy to move them for the picture =).) Do you think the painting that I currently have there (which holds sentimental meaning for me b/c my husband gave it to me on our wedding day) is too big for the space? If I were to leave the painting there, what color should I paint inside the niche? I am currently thinking of doing SW Blonde throughout the house, but wanted to paint the niche a darker color. I was thinking red but that would probably be too much b/c of the red in the painting, right?

If you think the painting is too big for the niche, can you give me some ideas of what to put in there? I have included pics of the surrounding areas so you can see what's around it.

If anyone has pictures of what they've done with art niches, I would love to see them! I did a search on this forum but couldn't find much.

Thanks!!

Oh, and we are about to buy all new furniture in the living room adjacent to it...chocolate brown leather furniture and new tables.

Comments (10)