SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itsmesuzq

I made my choice!!!

itsmesuzq
15 years ago

I am so excited!! After much research (and help here as well) I finally made my choice in what sewing machine I was going to buy.

I bought a Viking Emerald 118. I felt that this machine would be easy to learn, do what I want it to do (basic quilt making) and I will be able to grow into it as well. I can't wait to set it up and start playing with it. I am going to take advantage of the free machine lessons that come with it (next month) and I'm going to take quilt classes as well. I made my first sandwich quilt for my grandson's 1st birthday (Dec. 18th) using a friends Janome and I tell you I am totally hooked on quilting now. I realize that I only scratched the surface...but I feel that I can (and will) continue to learn and grow in this beautiful creative talent called "quilting".

I have purchased my stash from wonderful shops online (many were recommended here) so I'm ready to go! I also took advice offered here on what was important to have on a machine - thank you so much for that as well.

My thanks to all of you who post here, I look in everyday, (several times a day) and have learned so much. And the one thing that I know for sure is "quilters are wonderful people"...they are helpful, kind and just downright special!!

~Susan

Comments (7)