SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acdesignsky

Ugh, Pottery barn Refund policy

acdesignsky
15 years ago

I am so annoyed right now. As many of you know, we're moving into our new house next week. I have no patience, so I'm already shopping, LOL.

I went to PB and bought 4 linen drapes and some hardware. It was on sale, so I scored all of it for under $250. I pay cash. I get it home and DH nixes the idea of curtains. We're doing plantation shutters instead. Fine, I didn't even take the things out of the trunk of my car. I go take them back today and after they're finished processing the refund, they tell me they'll send me a check in 7-10 business days for the refund. I explain I paid with cash, not a check. Well, turns out they don't do cash refunds for over $100. It's not on the receipt, I checked. Let's ignore the fact that they have the merchandise and my money, I explain we're moving, so getting the mail could be an issue. I asked if she could break it into 3 transactions to stay below the $100 limit. Nope, won't do that either.

Doesn't matter, no cash even with a receipt.

Merchants keep complaining about the costs of accepting credit and debit cards, but then you're penalized for paying with cash.

Lesson learned, no more PB for me! Unfortunately, that means no WS home or Williams Sonoma, Inc either.

Be(a)ware

Comments (18)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone