SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimiko232_gw

Pottery Barn linen drapes = pathetic (need to vent)

kimiko232
14 years ago

Hi All,

I just don't know what I was thinking. I picked up this really nice fabric it's a silk/linen blend for some drapes. I love the material, but it was the end of the bolt. So, you know how that goes. I bought it anyway thinking I could find something similar. Well, I couldn't. On a whim, I decided to order a sample of the peyton linen drapes from Pottery barn. Suprise, the color is right. Though, definitely not the same texture or hand.

So, I decide to bite the bullet and order two 84x100 panels and two 84x50. Enough to do two patio doors and ajoining windows. I don't like the look of them that much. But, I thought I could live with it. And, they would go with what I had already made for the family room.

Even though they were really uneven. Was going for a relaxed beachy theme.

Well, last week I decided to redo my panels into pinch pleats. My drapes turned out just fine. :) Those pottery barn ones... crap.

EVERY single panel is a different length. When I measured them, they vary from over four inches to one inch from the 84 length in one panel. I'm fine with the 85 length as it hits the floor just right. But, come on. 88 inch, 85 inch, 83 inch, 86 inch... all in one panel??? And, they hang just awful. I'm having to actually rip them apart and then resew each panel. To get the right thickness, I had to add the two extra panels on to each of the large panels to pinch pleat. I was just blown away that I would be doing all this work. I'm just pinch pleating, not doing rocket science!

Now, I know they aren't super expensive. But, I was thinking they were good quality. They are almost 200 dollars a xl panel. What a waste of time and money.

I should just start all over with a different fabric and be done with the whole thing. I so hate the PB ones that I'm sick of the nicer ones. So, if you're planning on getting those peyton linen drapes... think long and hard about it! Well, just don't think you can quickly refigure them into pinch pleats. :) (I know most people won't do it, but I'm nuts.)

Kim

Comments (31)