SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anewbeginning_gw

Have you gotten deals that have left you smiling

anewbeginning
17 years ago

During this whole renovation process my goal has been to save save save. I have even driven two hours away to pick up a good deal. For me saving on certain things allows me to spend more on other things which I might not otherwise be able to afford but really want. Like glass tiles

My appliance budget was 2000-but I was able to purchase a less than two year old Kenmore Elite Stainless Fridge and Frigidaire SS dishwasher for the grand total of four hundred dollars. Now I have to get the stove which should be no more than 500, saving me 1100 from what I first estimated.

I bought a Kohler Devonshire toilet brand new for 212.00-Retail price 4 or 5 something.

I bought a Kohler MEMOIRS PEDESTAL SINK, not brand new but in pristine condition for 103 dollars.m Retail price 5 something.

Unrelated, but during this remodel, when every cent counts DH's transmission went bad. Price here for a replacement-900. Price on ebay for transmission with same amount of miles-399. No shipping as we drove 2 hours to King of Prussia PA to pick it up

Even with the costly gas prices, sometimes its really worth the ride for the deal.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy but I've seriously been considering driving to Peoria IL from MD to pick up an item. Why? Because its almost 1000 dollars less than Home Depot-Its a Kohler Whirlpool tub.Retail price-1600. Ebay-6 something. Just on principle I wanna go, you know?

Anyway have you gotten any good deals that have made you smile? I hope so!

Comments (7)