SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Tales of ironing board cover woes!

15 years ago

I just spent almost an hour fashioning an ironing board cover from a pieces of cotton, pieces of batting and the padding from the previous cover. Stuck fingers and rising temper later, I want to know why I can't get a decent ironing board cover???

Earlier this year I spent $25 on a cover from Bed, Bath, and Beyond thinking that it looked really sturdy and the padding felt very heavy. I've NEVER spent that much money on a cover before. Usually for $6-8 dollars I could get a cover that lasted several years with normal *quilting* use. But this cover scorched with the first use and over the past few months became really scorched and torn so I cut it off the other day. The pad was quite thick, if slightly scorched so I left it on.

Yesterday I bought a cover at Walmart for $8.95, brought it home and began to put it on the ironing board when ...RIIIIP! Yep! the fabric ripped in several places before I could even get it on!!! Totally POed I took it back last night and got my money back.

So has anyone bought a decent ironing board cover and where did you find it and how long has it lasted for you?

Thanks for any help!

Teresa

Comments (19)