SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Maybe we'll fix the drywall... 'creative trim' ?

User
13 years ago

We were going to only have the some of the rooms in the basement drywall mudded but we've decided to do the entire thing in one shot.

This odd trim piece on the steps .... long story short, the site guys made it work we didn't have the energy to argue and needed to move in. I was going to talk to the drywaller Saturday about fixing the wall BUT I need to have a plan with the top of the stairs where everything meets if I'm going to even follow through with this as he won't be taking care of that.

What do I do here?

This is hard to explain on the computer so hopefully the different pictures will help you see what I'm dealing with.

{{!gwi}}

Ajsmamma did this mock up some time ago. The thing is, if you remove the round piece it's unfinished where it currently sits.

{{!gwi}}

The is what the area looks like right now.

{{!gwi}}

This is an old pic before I painted the trim in an attempt to blend. I'm showing this just to give you an idea of what that area could sorta look like if we did something with white trim.

{{!gwi}}

I can't be ripping my stair case apart or knocking down walls so adding creative trim is the only way, I believe.

1. What can I do about that area?

or

2. Leave it alone because it will look worse with "creative trim" at the top?

I'm planning to tear the carpet off the stairs (they're pine btw).

Comments (3)