SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorifla

Last minute staging question about artwork

LoriFLA
11 years ago

This is my living room a few years ago. The white paint was pretty while it lasted. I have two boys and it quickly became dingy. We are painting over it with Sherwin Williams Softer Tan. I now longer have artwork over couch (decorator friend said it was too heavy). I had new artwork over couch but put it in storage because we filled nail holes and are painting. The paintings that are in storage are very similar to this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/7378113/reborn-16x20-landscpape-signed-lustre

Should I bring them back and hang them?

Area rug gone. It was getting dingy, too. Threw it away. I have no rug to replace it and I really don't have time or desire to get new one.

Mirror over entry table in storage. Print over keyboard long gone. Leather storage ottomans are in storage. There is a rectangular coffee table in its place. The seasonal accessories are gone. I am replacing with neutral impersonal accessories such as plants and orchids.

My question: Do I have to rehang artwork? I was thinking about leaving no nail holes and just leaning a piece of artwork against bookcase and using plants and accessories to infuse some pizazz. Is it a bad idea to leave walls empty when staging? Thanks so much.

I will post pics as soon as possible with how it looks now. Worried about leaving walls blank but want to.

Comments (17)