SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azsailor

Finally Sold Home in TOUGH Phoenix Market

16 years ago

Home was on the market for just over 120 days. Originally listed at $495,000. My listing broker had an open early on for brokers only. They all commented that the listing price was competitive. Had only a hand full of showings with no offers. Lowered the price to $489,500 after a month. Some showings, but still no offers. We had already committed to buying a new home and had put a non refundable $20,000 deposit on it. We were very concerned, but needed at least $475,000 to make the purchase of the new home. Then the builder (DR Horton) offered to reduce the price of their house by $38,000 if I would reduce the price on my home by the same amount. (I posted the details about a month ago). I reduced the price to $450,000 and immediately started getting 2-3 showings a week. Finally, this past weekend, we received an offer. To make a long story shorter, we settled on a price of $435,000. This is the equivalent of receiving $475,000 at our previous asking price of $489,500. I would have liked to receive more, but I firmly believe that it wouldn't have happened. Selling in Phoenix is very,very tough and unless you can hang in for the long run, you are not going to have an easy time unless your price is right. If not for DR Horton lowereing their price to us, I am positive that we could not have sold our house in time to buy the new house. (I realize that this was a bottom line decision by DR Horton and that they did not do this out of the kindness of their heart). But, for us it was a life saver.

Comments (14)