SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedyacres

Help me brainstorm marketing 'gimmicks'

weedyacres
11 years ago

We've had our house listed FSBO/3% to buyer's agent for about a month. I emailed all the local realtors (700+ agents) with info on the property and a link to our website. We've had a few calls and emails from agents and a couple showings (weren't expecting lots of traffic since it's in the upper tier of the local market, which is selling about 1/month in our zip code).

I want to do another email blast to the RE agents, and continue to do so regularly, though not annoyingly so, so they'll keep our property in mind if they've got a suitable buyer. But I don't just want to regurgitate property info, I want some kind of a hook. Here are a couple ideas we've come up with. Your feedback on them, as well as additional ideas would be great.

1. "Free Tractor" as the headline, with the details saying if you buy the house we'll throw in a tractor to mow the 3.5 acres.

2. Offer a bumped-up commission for a limited time, like 3.5% if you show our house in the next 2 weeks and the buyer makes an offer.

We've also got an upscale golf course up the street from us that's hosting a week-long PGA National Tour (as I understand it, it's like the minor leagues for the PGA Tour). So lots of local golf afficianadoes are expected to attend, and they might be the type that would be interested in our house, or have friends who are. They will all drive by our house. Other than the professional sign out front, any other ideas to catch people's attention? We've thought of putting the tractor out front with a "Free Tractor" sign on it. Or dressing Mr. Weedy in a chicken suit to hand out flyers. :-)

Comments (27)