SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahatmacat1

Down to the last three choices for garage door..need input

mahatmacat1
15 years ago

And they're all about the same price, so that's not an issue.

The main issue is: I remembered today the obvious fact that we do have siding going vertically over the garage and then diagonally immediately to the right to it (to be separated by sweeby's brilliant contrast painting of the trim). With this in mind, do we want *more* ribbed lines on our garage door, going horizontally, which would be a *third* direction of lines?

Or do we want to keep the garage door simple with flush panels, with just the four rectangular windows on the top panel for decoration?

I haven't been able to find a good steel ranch panel door (they're all rather shallowly stamped), and the simplest raised panel pseudo-carriage doors (basically 12 rectangles, longer than tall--3 rows of four) would *probably* work, contrast-painted with no hardware, just the stiles/rails... I'm still open to that design too. It would look very similar to some of the original doors on the 60s style houses around here, which still look stylin' in their own way. Might be too busy for our house, though. Don't know.

So which do you see working best?

1) horizontally ribbed panel doors with four windows on top

2) flush panel doors with four windows on top

3) simple carriage-door (stile and rail) with no window

Thanks so much for any opinions on this choice. We want to get it decided probably this weekend so we can order it and get going!

Yours confusedly,

indecisive libra

Comments (13)