SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sixkeys

Last (?) kitchen layout - any final input greatly appreciated!

sixkeys
10 years ago

I think I am *almost* there, just some minor adjustments maybe. Here is some info to help:

-There is a beam that we will turn into a soffit over the main sink, that is why the upper cabinets are lower

-There is a pantry in the hallway, around the corner from the fridge

Here are my questions:

1. Are there too many three drawer stacks? Would it be beneficial to have some four drawer stacks from some variety?

2. My KD originally planned for the upper cabinets on each side of the hood to have double doors, but I was thinking the single door would be better. Agree/disagree?

3. Do all of the slab drawers look too....simple/modern? I like a transitional look consisting of traditional structural elements with some industrial accents. I like the idea of easier cleaning of the slab, but I don't want to sacrifice style too much. Or since it is hidden mostly behind the island, does the look not matter as much?

4. How does the increased island depth look for seating? (quick snacks, not meals....we have a formal dining room for that)

Any other observations are welcomed! I deeply apologize for the low quality of some of the photos. I played around with it for a long time and couldn't get them any better.

Thank you!

Comments (23)