SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenswrens

Narrowed it down to 2 agents help me choose

jenswrens
15 years ago

So, after interviewing 6 listing agents, IÂve finally narrowed it down to two, and IÂm having a hard time deciding which team to choose. The other 4 were pretty easy to eliminate  2 for their fru fru 7% commission and 2 for being inept with numbers and basic information. One of the 4 was just a plain kook out in left field. So itÂs down to "the boys" or "the girls." The difference in commission between the 2 is so small as to be almost negligible, but for the record, the boys is less.

I wrote a big long detailed thing about the pros and cons of each, but then decided it was too much to post, and I didn't want to bore anyone. Basically, what it boils down to is this: do I choose the experienced guys who carry a lot of listings from all over the place (several counties) but don't offer a lot of personal involvement in the marketing of my particular house and only have 2 listings in my general vicinity? Or do I choose the inexperienced young girl who is super enthusiastic about my listing, in an office that is local to the neighborhood, willing to jump through hoops, and has "teamed up" with her manager (who has 15 years of experience) as a co-agent for my listing?

Both are with large, respected, national RE companies, and both seem to have solid marketing plans and a good internet presence. In my other post, marys1000 mentioned the "intangibles" and I'm finding that yes, those intangibles are now muddying the waters for me. It would be easier if the decision were as black and white as the numbers in my spreadsheet.

I'm sure I haven't done this interviewing thing as methodically as I should have, and I'm probably missing something obvious.

So, what is it? Enthusiasm or experience? Bubbles or business?

Comments (13)