SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_920355096

Please help me narrow down these 4 front-loading brands

Andrea
last year
last modified: last year

I figured I’d start a new topic since I seem to have narrowed down my FL options to the following 3-4 brands (I know- no model numbers yet 😊 but I have a list).

Electrolux, Whirlpool, Maytag, GE

The important things I’m looking for, are:

* Pump filter access panel on front of machine

* Delay start

* Internal heater to at least 230°

* Enough water/deep cycle to truly wash down feather blankets

Random thoughts:

- I know Whirlpool and Maytag are owned by the same company, just not sure how different they truly are, underneath the cosmetic differences.

- I’m trying to avoid the Microban antimicrobial coating on what seems to be all the newish GE machines (I‘m meticulous about leaving door open to air out, as well as detergent tray. I clean and wipe the door gasket, drain and clean pump filter etc. so don’t want the Microban).

- Previously, I had considered Miele, Asko, Bosch, but not sure they’re big enough for a family of 5 (that doesn’t want to be doing multiple small washes a few times a day; I’m okay with approx 2 hrs a day x3 days/week of washes). Any thoughts- or it it easier to just start a new topic?

- edit: re pump filter- looks like GE is my only option?? Unless I’m just not seeing any newish models of Electro/Whirl/Maytag that have an access panel at front?

Comments (35)