SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Help with accent colors..pics

Oakley
15 years ago

The rest of the house should be finished soon and I'll finally be able to decorate the new room. I've never had a problem doing accent colors before, and I'm fine with the other rooms except this one. Below are two pictures.

First, I love my coffee table, but does it fit with the room? I've had it for years and it is so functional. I'd hate to get rid of it. Oh, I have since laid a burgandy print table runner on it.

The green chair stays for now, in about a year or so I plan to replace it when DH isn't looking. :)

I'm searching for lighter accent colors and so far I've come up with white and yellows. There will be yellow in the dining room and kitchen. I do have a sage green wicker plant stand in there now, and it looks good.

I want to put some tall flowers on the mantel, and I'm leaning towards white. Would that be the best color flower for it?

I love the burgandy furniture, but dang it's hard to find colors to go with it!

I have a LOT of bright red accent pieces, but I don't think a bright red would go with the burgandy. Thoughts?

Ignore everything you see on the mantel and tables, I haven't even begun "decorating" until we get all that junk out of the room, and I can unpack the boxes of accent pieces.

FORGOT! The floors will be a dark hickory. Here is a picture of the tile we have in the entryway below.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)