SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
williamsem

Not sure paint works, help with color? Pics!

williamsem
9 years ago

I'm far enough along with our great room where I need to paint. Soon. I need to put everything back so I can shuffle everything back to the right rooms!

I ordered our new couch this weekend. I think it pulls things together nicely. I also ordered one of the chairs below in the color shown.

We were thinking grey paint to be neutral enough for the colors in our paintings, but we are open to other choices. Putting it all together on one page, I'm not sure this is the right choice, but it's hard to picture. This room has a lot of walls, it is 13x28 with part of that being a vaulted entry and the hall upstairs and stairwell are open to this room too. It will all be one color, unless someone here suggests an alternative that works (that's just beyond my abilities, there's I reason I mostly lurk in this particular forum!).

Any suggestions? Are we headed in the right direction here?

Floors are natural hickory, fireplace will have dark grout (eventually), and I'm thinking about an area rug once the paint is up and all the furniture is here so I can see it all together. There are two windows, one facing east and one northwest, that will get new treatments at some point too. It adjoins the kitchen, painted PPG Montego Bay with Java maple cabinets. We would like to stay with PPG paints, but I have previously used SW with good results.

Comments (32)