SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayde_gw

leather or fabric--please help me decide

sayde
11 years ago

My kitchen has been done for two years (!) but I still read and post here, and have so many kitchen buddies here that I thought I would come here for help. (I also did post in Home Decorating).

Please help me decide -- leather or fabric chair for my sunroom.

Here's the situation: we have an eight year old leather loveseat Wonderful, but terrible faded now. The leather is a lovely semi aniline which turned out to be just a terrible choice for a sunroom. How could I have done this? This kind of leather cannot be brought back to where it was because of the coating. It can only be sprayed and turned into a pigmented leather, and this I do not want to do. Right now it is still soft, and kind of shabby chic -- but, really quite faded.

So, we want to replace the old uncomfortable wicker chair.

I can get a new leather chair/ottoman in exactly the same leather as the love seat. Crazy? It would be much much darker at first, but would fade. But in the meantime it would make the loveseat look, I'm afraid, not shabby chic but simply trashed. And, it might be too much leather, match-matchy.

Or I can get a fabric club chair/ottoman, maybe something slipcovered in a light fabric (like the shades) -- with extra slipcovers --

The leather chair would be prettier but the fabric might be a better choice in the context of the rest of the room -- what do you think?

Of course DH wants leather. All men want leather and wood (and we already have lots of both)

Both options would be comfortable so that is not the issue.

Please help me decide . . .

Comments (14)