SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ailene54

trouble picking a fabricator, please help me!

Ilene Perl
12 years ago

Hi, After a lot of going back and forth with colors to go with my antique white cabinets, and ? backsplash, DH and I finally decided on Giallo Venetian (Blue Pearl is still in the ball game though...lol), anyway, when we did decided on GV we went back to the fabricator we had a good feeling from who's price was in the middle, He didn't have our granite in the back went to the yard, we saw the perfect slab of GV, not orange at all. Then went back to the fabricator to sign the dotted line. He called up the yard and to our surprise the price he had given us went up $400. He said it was because we picked a granite he doesn't have on site. I expressed my disapointment, telling him when he quoted me the price he didn't have the granite on site either, and that I went to the yard he told me to go to. DH and I feel as though we should start looking again for a different fabricator, we just don't trust him any more (price psf is what went up) but before I do this again, I want to know how others chose their fabricator. All of my friends who have granite used a place in my area which is no longer in business. I live on Long Island in Suffolk County. I will have two seams in my countertops, so am quite anxious that the seams be done right. One place we went today, spoke to us about the seams, said where they would go, middle of the sink and middle of the cooktop, and said I could have an Ogge edge at no extra cost, he was the lowest price I have gotten, and DH is ready to use him, but I am afraid. (he did give me 2 references that were excellent), I want my countertops to be perfect (or close to it). Help me please! Any help on my two very different colors will be appreciated too...lol. Any help you can give me will be appciated!

Thanks,

ilene

Comments (6)