SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rubydoo67

Buying from relo company....frustrated!!

gardensgirl
17 years ago

Hello!!

I am a new member and read many of these messages but didn't see this covered.

We signed a contract to purchase a home now owned by a relo company. We went back and forth a few times on the offer but finally agreed. We did the home inspection within 1 day after offer acceptance and sent the list to the relo company's local agent the very next day. It has now been 12 days and we have heard nothing, zilch, nada. The contract states they have 7 days to respond and we have learned that their local agent just presented them the inspection report yesterday. We are beyond frustated, not knowing if they are going to do anything, something or nothing. Their local agent has had tons and tons of excuses such as they are only open on the weekends (funny, their website says they are open 7 days a week, 12 hrs a day), they are really backed up (I'm sure they had to respond to thousands of offers the same day as us)and that she had to get estimates of the work for them (which my husband did in 1 hour but it's taken her 7 days?).

We are the 2nd contract on this house. I can't believe their agent has been so lazy about getting our inspection to them. I have the relo company's information and the case managers phone/email. Do I call them directly and ask what the heck is going on?

Tonight we signed papers to withdraw our offer for non-performance on their part (they haven't responded in the time allotted) and will present this to their local agent tommorrow. I can't believe this company would lose a sale because their agents sucks. Do I try and work it out with them directly? I really love this house, but it makes me very concerned for when settlement comes, etc.

Anybody experience this with a relo company or their local agent?

Comments (17)