SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rubydoo67

So depressed over buying this relo home

gardensgirl
17 years ago

The seller was giving us $1k credit and the agent $6k of her commission. Two addendums had to be written: one saying the seller was giving us $7k toward closing, the other between the agent & seller only whereby she is agreeing to lower her commission.

Of course, these were submitted on Sunday and we still have no word other than our agent saying "it's a done deal, I swear it's a done deal, the listing agent agrees". We said we don't believe until it's signed by the seller, plus we need it in writing for our lender. Our agent PROMISED us we would have them Tues, then Wed., then today she indicates their lawyer has to look over the wording. My beef is our agent keeps making these false promises of due dates/deadlines, then when they don't happen, we don't hear from her. I talked to people who have dealt with relos and said "you never get anything back in less than 5-7 days". I wish our agent would just be truthful for goshsakes!! It's so freakin frustrating. I mean, we close in 3 weeks, or are supposed to!

Also, my home is slated for an open house this weekend. Agent assured me she advertised on homesdatabase, realtor.com, etc. Of course, no she didn't.

Also, we learned that when DH agreed to push back his closing on his sale, he should have forced the buyer to provide a committment letter, rather our agent should have. I mean, what happens if they fall through with financing. Our agent's response "don't worry, she works at a bank". Well, so do alot of people with crappy credit!

Throughout all of this nightmare, my main lesson is this: get a very knowledgeable and experienced real estate agent. They can mean life & death to your deal and probably save you a few bucks if they are truly working for you.

That's my daily vent today!

Comments (7)