SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jiggreen

I want to take my house off market, have questions...

jiggreen
17 years ago

Hi! In November, my husband and I put our house up on the market and we have a 6 month listing agreement with our realtor. Shortly after listing, my husband's income dropped considerably (his work restructured his pay and hours, resulting in a 1600.00 month income loss to us per month) DH has been incredibly stressed out, and it is taking a toll on his health (he was in the emergency room several weeks ago with ventricular tachycardia and the doctors think it was brought on by a combination of stress and too much caffeine). Because of all of this, I no longer want to sell our home, not until we find out what is going on with my husband's health and see how well our finances work on less $$$ coming in per month...I guess I just want to coast along with a minimal amount of stress and upheaval for a while. Our home is currently still on the market and our listing agreement is not set to expire until mid-May. Would there be any ramifications to me calling the realtor and explaining the situation and telling her that I no longer want to sell my home, or am I stuck keeping it on the market until mid-May? We have a showing on Saturday and I am just hoping the people do not make an offer. I want out of this situation, but I am not quite sure how to go about doing it.

Thanks,

jiggreen

Comments (21)