SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
califlower_gw

Want to take home off the market - Implications?

califlower
16 years ago

We listed our house in May with a realtor. In June, we bought another house in another state. Here in late July, we made plans to driving out to meet our furniture, and I would return to our current residence to continue working until I could find a new job in our new state. But now the market has come to a screeching halt. We reduced our price once, and just last Sunday, we resigned with our realtor at a lower price until Sept. 1 (The first contract would have expired on August 15th). On August 1st, I put in for a job in a group I had worked in before that requires quite a bit of travel, often to where our unsold house is. Well, I got the job, and they will allow me to work out of our new home. Because I will be coming back to the central offices often, I have decided to pull the house off the market, and just informed my realtor. I intend to keep it to reduce travel expenses, hoping the market will improve next year. My question: what is my obligation to my realtor? She has always said she makes no money if she can't sell the house, but what about her expenses? We signed a standard contract, but I won't be allowing it to expire.I would appreciate opinions both business and ethics regarding my situation.

Comments (5)