SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mdoceanblu

Another Pool Drama Story. Sort of. (Long)

mdoceanblu
16 years ago

Have been procrastinating on some things around the house and finally called a landscaping company to come out for a "free" consultation.(Found them at a homeshow) They were to come up for an estimate on two small corner planters in the pool area and to come up with some privacy landscaping at the corners and sides of the pool cage.

I am away on business and Company owner shows up. My wife tells him what we need done and he jots everything down and he will call us back with the estimate and plans on CD. She hands him a check for $500. A BIG MISTAKE/MISCOMMUNICATION on our part.My wife thought I had spoken to them about a fee and that it would just come off the price of plants/supplies if we do business with them. The Home Theater and Window Treatment companies had fees and they were taken off the bills.

Two weeks goes by and we don't get a call. I call them and go out to their site. They apologize and sit down and go over the plans and estimate. Their plans are to tear up all our new landscaping around all sides and front of house and install their "look" they want for us. The plans don't even include the planters in the pool area or the corners of the pool screen what we had called them for in the first place. The price. $19,900 Then we get an E-mail we forgot a few things. The labor for installing the plants. New estimate is $24,500. Not including the planters nor the $85 hour labor for redoing the sprinklers. All plants sold "As Is" No warranty.Even Lowes gives you a year warranty on some plants Oh yea the $500 will be returned if you buy our entire package labor included. The form my wife signed at the beginning said none of this. We learned a big lesson.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting