SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hunzi

The Starting from Dirt (sort of) Laundry Room Adventure!

Hunzi
8 years ago

Hello! I'm Hunzi, and I'm working on our Laundry Room!

I call this the Starting From Dirt Laundry because it is part of my Starting From Dirt Basement Bathroom Adventure - where we started with a dirt basement and just finished a bathroom! (here's that thread: )

The Laundry room area wasn't quite a dirt basement, but it was a totally unfinished raw space - not a nice place to do laundry - dark, dirty, the washer used to just be piped in the general direction of a floor drain. (I'll dig up the before photos.)

The laundry part of the project is mostly finished - Yay! But I still have questions about final details, and might be popping in and out.

Here's my first question - for those of you with front loaders, and have cabinets over the machines - how deep are your cabinets? And what do you store in them?

I have a crawlspace access (mostly used for storage) over the washer, so I'm thinking of getting a custom cabinet (basically backless) so I can have a cabinet, and still be able to put storage bins on the ledge behind (with a little extra effort).

Before:

Comments (38)