SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

Shiney Brass....how dated?

phoggie
14 years ago

When we built our house in 2001, I happened to love shiney brass...to me, it looked so good with our house (still do)....BUT, we are getting ready to sell it and I am wondering how much of it I need to replace?

I did replace the faucet, cabinet pulls, and light in the kitchen to a rubbed bonze....but where do I stop?

Things that are brass: DR light fixture, Entry light fixture, all light switches/plug covers (change to what, white?),fireplace surround, door latches and hinges, front door knob, all bathroom faucets, shower doors, bathroom light fixtures, whirlpool faucets/drains, towel bars/toilet tissue holder, etc, and on and on. DH doesn't think it matters and it would cost quite a sum, but I am not so sure.....although we are in the mid-west and a rural area, but our house is in the $300,000+ range and not many of those in this price range in this rural town and not many buyers who can afford them either.

I did get rubbed bronze lights for the front door and ends of the garage...spray painted the ones on the decks, etc...surprised they looked very good. Someone suggested spraying the brass things, but I am not sure bathroom fixtues would look or hold up with spray paint...don't want it to peel off.

I appreciate your suggestions....and thanks in advance.

Comments (23)