SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rlkamp

Money secured for remodel & builder nixed my whole plan! HELP

rlkamp
14 years ago

HI everyone,

I posted a while back and can't find my original posts. Not sure where they go but I am not sure how to pull them back up.

My DH and I decided to remodel our kitchen and went to the expense of getting an architect to create the plan since we have an old house and weren't sure what could be moved etc. We took his plan to the builder and after the quote, determined it was tooooo much. We scaled down the remodel and got another quote from the builder. Secured the loan, closed, money in the bank, all good to go. NO!!!!!

I asked the builder to come by and check out my measurements because I am getting my cabinets at the Kraftmaid cabinet outlet (not sure if anyone from the site has been there) It's a lot of work but there are some great savings there.

The builder looked at the space and told me, that he thought I could get more 'bang for my buck' if I scraped my whole plan and retooled.

Now I'm freaking out because I have no plan and need to get started. I was hoping that I could put up a few of my proposed plans and get your advice and suggestions.

I am really at a loss.

I like the single entrance layout but am not sure if it will feel too closed off. I can't find many pics of them since most Kitchens are very open.

I will also include a link to the other layout I am considering.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Single Entrance Kitchen

Comments (30)