SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
osorry1

More Pool Problems- What next??

osorry1
16 years ago

Hello,

For those of you who have tried to keep up with my pool progress (or lack therof) the pool started on Dec. 21, 2006, with the dig starting on Jan. 10, 2007. Since then I've had all kinds of delays, guys not showing up for a week, etc.

Last week, they were setting the forms for the deck when they "realized" they hadn't set a gas line for the firepit or BBQ. It was only then that I met the pool company owner and his wife, who tried to make it seem that it was my fault for the delays, accusing me of making "6 changes during the build," when the only change I made was in December- moving the pool 5 feet away from the patio. No other changes have been made. Not counting the month delay that was my fault, these people have taken 5 months to work on this pool!!!

Today they came and chiseled out a crack in the pool running the entire width of the pool, and report they will pour gunite again tomorrow to fill it. Then after it cures (WEEKS!) they will continue to work on the pool. This will only cause further delays. No one has apoligized to me for the 5 month-going on 6 month pool debacle, no one has offerred discount or percent off to make up for all these problems. Salesman tried to blame his own staff "they went partying for Cinco de Maio and never came back," which I thought was not only a prejudiced remark, but no excuse for the continued delays. They worked only two days during the week over the past 3 weeks.

Thanks for letting me vent, as apparently there's not much else I can do. Any advice will also be helpful, as I'm ready to have them bulldoze the thing over with dirt. I do appreciate this forum and you guys out there.

Comments (26)