SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jblairgolf_gw

Please help, I am a TOTAL wreck!!!

jblairgolf
16 years ago

Our pool had to be moved, literally, right before the gunite stage due to an easement that wasn't accounted for. That not being enough of problem, things only seem to get worse. They moved it a week later, and had to re-do it again because the shape was totally wrong. The excavator who originally dug our pool showed up on his last day with the company (he gave his notice the week before) and had nothing to go on at all...no work order, new specs, nadda! I had to give him my revised 'chicken scratch copy' from my file so he could try and reconfigure it. He left early that day, and it has gone down hill from there. They didn't get it right the second time, and had to try and re-do the shape again, for the third time. Today one guy showed up to re-do the rebar 'again' and tonight when I look at the shape, the rebar doesn't follow the lines of the pool. Since the excavator quit, they sent someone else in to finish the re-do, and it wasn't nearly as good of a job as the first guy did, the first time around.

How close to the 'real shape' of the pool is the actual gunite layout? The sun shelf is WAY off what was drawn on the ground (on top of the dirt and gravel) and some of the walls have a deep slant when they shouldn't.

Also, there is a big hole on the end of the pool where they had to bring the equipment in and out for the re-do, and it is still open. I don't think he knows how to rebar with that hole being there. He says he 'thinks' that is where the steps will go. The current shape (remember, third time) is different from our original because they had to 'wing it' since they didn't have any new plans. Since it is different, the original 'specs' don;t work, so I have been out there trying to spray paint lines on how the sun shelf 'should' look. I did that, but the rebar doesn't follow that shape.

I am SO sick to my stomach and anxiety ridden I can hardly stand it. What do you think? Any advice you can offer will be appreciated more than you will ever know. This is a living nightmare, and I am afraid it might not get any better. We are spending over $60k on this pool, and we are having to concede on so many aspects just to try and get something that we can live with.

Comments (3)