SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Would this rug work in my master bath?

Valerie Noronha
13 years ago

I've always been somewhat stumped what to do with rugs in my master bath. The layout is such that the tub and shower are in a line opposite my double vanity. So do I get one long runner or two smaller rugs? And do I center them in front of the vanity or in front of the tub? What I h ave now is the two smaller rugs, one in front of shower when we step out and one in front of the tub (which we use infrequently). Here is what it looks like now:

tub/vanity side:

shower side:

As one of my rugs has a stain, I'm thinking of replacing and trying something different. I'm considering the option of getting a runner to put in front of the tub/vanity section and another small bathmat to put in front of the shower. Problem is my vanity is 7' long and most runners I've come across are either 5' long or 7' long. I've yet to see a 6' runner which would seem to be the best size.

I did find one I linked below that I love, only it's the 7' long one. This is a mockup of the size, though it would be a couple inches wider than shown:

Do you think it could work or should I try something else? It's a wool rug. Would that be a no-no? I figure I can place the bathmat in front of the tub on the occasions that I use it.

It looks like it will go well with my spring/summer bedding I'm planning to use and so make the two areas more cohesive(ignore rug which will most likely be replaced):

Here is a link that might be useful: Linden Street Rug (Aquamarine)

Comments (16)