SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
equest17_gw

Would these rugs work in my adjoining rooms? (lots of pics)

equest17
14 years ago

We will be replacing the carpet in our dining and family rooms with the same handscraped laminate floors I've laid in the kitchen. I have a small area rug in the family room now over the carpet, but IÂd like to replace it with a larger one, and I need one for the dining room. I made the drapery panels for both rooms out of fabric I love, but the bold pattern is giving me trouble in locating rugs that coordinate. The drapery background color is dark chocolate with a large vine and floral pattern in red, gold, and olive; the colors are fairly saturated. The dining room walls are SW Camelback, and I will probably repaint the green family room Camelback as well. I was planning on dyeing the leather sofa (a CL find) a dark brown color to hide some of the stains, but I really like distressed green shade so IÂm in no hurry, although it will probably happen eventually. The dining room chairs have yellow tone-on-tone damask seats, but IÂm going to reupholster those in a more muted golden butterscotch fabric thatÂs almost a solid, and also make a table runner.

So, given all of that, do you think the pictured green rug would work in the family room and either the Concord Red Panel or Concord Mocha Mahal rug in the dining room? (I couldn't get a picture of the two for the dining room, so you'll have to follow the link and click on the thumbnail images to see them, as it's not the default image that comes up.) IÂm limited in size in the dining room to under 11Â in length, and ideally under 10Â so IÂll have some of the floor showing at the ends. The Concord rugs are 7Â6" by 9Â6", which would be a perfect size, but IÂm just not sure about the patterns or styles. Are all these rugs too formal or traditional? My furniture is pretty traditional, but I don't want the rooms to be stuffy. I'm limited in budget and we have pets (and hopefully future children), so I don't want to spend too much right now. Just looking for something to soften and warm the floors.

Dining room

WT in dining and family rooms

Flooring to continue into dining and family rooms

Family room (to be repainted Camelback)

Proposed rug for family room

Here is a link that might be useful: Concord Red Panel or Mocha Mahal rugs

Comments (6)