SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ileene_gw

Should my kitchen flow with adjoining rooms?

ileene
12 years ago

Hi, I'm new to this site, my friend just told me about you and I'm so glad she did!!

My kitchen is in the middle of my house with 3 entrances. My living room and dinning room are traditional with French provintial furniture, antiques, oriental rugs and oak floors, the colors are mostly gold and wine. The den is contemporary and is in the earth tones, with ivory carpeting, and a tan couch. The kitchen has a single skylight, which makes it bright, I now have oak cabinets, I'm replacing the doors and having the rest painted antique white. My appliances are SS. I'm changing the floor and hope to use bamboo in a natural color. The problem is the countertop, I thought I had decided on Giallo Veneziano, after deciding I didn't want to go with New Venetian Gold. I love Blue Pearl, DH doesn't care what I do, as long as I don't ask him his opinion. I'm afraid the blue pearl will make the kitchen not flow with the rest of my house, should this be a concern? If I go with GV I was going to paint the walls a similar color to the den, or try to find something in between the den and dinning room. Another issue is my kitchen table which is light oak with white tiles in it I think it will look fine with GV, but I don't think it will go with the BP which in my eyes needs a glass table with black seats, my Mikasa every day china will go better with the GV too, which I often use for company in the dinning room since I purchased service for 20. I really think I should go with the GV or something similar to that since this will go better with the rest of my house, but I don't want to regret not getting BP.

We bought this house a couple of weeks before the market started to drop 5 1/2 years ago. When we looked at it, the one complaint I had was the kitchen countertops, I hated formica, and leaving my granite kitchen in my old house behind.

Any help you can offer me if you think the kitche should flow with the adjoining rooms will be appreciated. My thought are they should, do you agree? I would also appreciate any suggestions/pictures of back splashes you used with these granite colors and antique white cabinets.

Do you like the idea of bamboo for the floor? I was afraid of using oak since new oak floors won't match the old oak floors already in my house, and since I do love hard wood floors figured strand bamboo would probably be a good choice.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Ileene

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz