SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boysrus2

Help Me Dress My Dining Room Windows - Lots of Pics

boysrus2
12 years ago

I've been trying to get my dining room finished and have hit a 2 year stall. Tomorrow the trim and wainscoting will be painted in BM Simply White along with all the trim in my house. The top half of the walls are painted in BM Raspberry Truffle to coordinate with the rug bought on our honeymoon.

I don't know what to do about the window treatment. Can I re-use the custom triple swag that came with our home? The cascades on each side have a lining that's light blue and doesn't match with anything. Could I have a seamstress change the liner color? To what color? Should I buy new drapes and again what color?

For reference, the triple windows are 83.5" wide and 92" tall from floor to top of moulding.

Is my mahogany furniture too dark for a red wall color? Should I buy a rug that has light blue to go with the triple swag curtain and re-paint?

Any help would really be appreciated.

The walls are not as bright as they appear with the flash (candlesticks and stuff on china cabinet as all are gone now).

Triple Windows and room torn apart for trim painting tomorrow.

The adjoining hallway is BM Bennington Gray.

Kitchen is SW Grasslands. You can see dining room at the back of picture in the last color before we painted it red.

Comments (22)