SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desertdw

Help me pick a green for my great room

dawn25
14 years ago

I posted earlier this week about whether or not to paint the ceiling of my great room. Facts about the room:

--20' ceiling

--South and east facing windows; also receives light from the north facing window in the kitchen; the high windows which are currently covered can be uncovered if the room is painted because the wall color hopefully won't be so hard on the eyes

--Flows into the loft areas upstairs, the kitchen, and the entryway

--The pics below make it look darker than it really is because of our camera

--Currently painted in Dunn Edwards Cottage White, eggshell finish (or whatever they call theirs :-), and will be repainted in the same finish
{{!gwi}}From Living Room
{{!gwi}}From Living Room

I was originally going to paint it BM Crown Point Sand. I have since determined that CPS is way too light and I want something darker, but still a warm khaki/olive green tone. My accent color (curtains, rugs) is currently turquoise.

My thinking right now is that I will paint the ceiling, and it will be at least two shades darker than the walls.

Colors I am looking at:

BM Brookside Moss 2145-30

BM Terrapin Green 2145-20

BM Avocado 2145-10

BM Ivy Lane 523

BM Hiking Path 524

BM Savannah Shade 525

Dunn Edwards Spanish Olive 5543

Dunn Edwards Cocktail Olive 5564

Dunn Edwards Military Green 5530

Does anyone have a recommendation? I thought about Baby Turtle, but I don't want to take the chance of it not being green enough, or reading muddy.

I'm looking for a medium-toned yellowish or brownish green (olive). I have a lovely olive color (Valspar Sweet Annie) in my study, but as it turns out, it's more gray toned and looks a bit murky out in that room.

I plan to pick up some sample pots/quarts tomorrow and wanted to gather some suggestions to try.

Thank you so much for any help!

Dawn

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH