SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Help me customize my lamp! (lots of pics)

charlikin
14 years ago

For those of us who are never satisfied with what colors and shapes things come in and wish we could customize them ourselves... here ya go. LampsPlus.com has this crazy online lamp configurator. You can choose from a fair variety of contemporary lamp styles - table lamps, floor lamps, sconces, hanging fixtures - and then totally customize the shade. They have a large variety of patterns (some of them really out there!), and for some of them, you can pick each color in the pattern from the complete RGB palette.

LampsPlus Design Your Own Lamps

So here's where I'm going to ask for help. Anyone who likes playing with colors and patterns and online configurators - I'm planning on getting the Arc Floor Lamp style with the shade hanging over this cool little orange metal end table from C&B. What color and pattern should the shade be so that it goes with the table AND goes with everything else that's in the room (or will soon be in the room)?

Almost current state of living room. Have new media console (see below), and will be getting new coffee table, end tables, dining table & chairs, and drapes.

{{gwi:1672209}}

TV stand has now been replaced with media console:

Here's a collage I attempted to make in Picasa showing the current contenders for coffee table, end tables, and lamp:

Note that the coffee & end table near the window are not quite as dark as pictured - they're a very rich dark brown. And the sofa's really a dark chocolate brown. Also still a contender for coffee table is this one from West Elm (in which case the end table near the window would probably be a simple parsons table with walnut top & black steel legs):

So, for the lamp that goes over the orange metal table - I want to try to customize the colors of the shade to something that works with the table and with the rest of the room. Showing it again in one of the shade patterns I'm considering - the colors can be changed to - ANYTHING.

Alternative idea: ditch the little orange table and floor lamp (sigh - love that orange table), get a regular end table and table lamp, and get red leather chairs for the dining table to provide the burst of color the room needs. (I think red leather chairs right next to the orange end table wouldn't work - the red chairs would overpower the end table.)

Appreciate all thoughts on color and style. And anyone who really wants to play with the lamp configurator and suggest some shade patterns and colors - VERY appreciated!!!

If this thread seems similar to my previous thread trying to choose a coffee table, I apologize. I'm making progress, really!!! Trying to make the end table & lamp work now, before I go buying everything...

Besides, had to turn everyone on to those custom lamps. It's just TOO COOL! ;-)

charlikin

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH