SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megpie77

I've narrowed down my backsplash. Purdy please help. Lots o pics

megpie77
14 years ago

I know you have help out so much already with this, but after taking a break from it all and going back to what I really like, I think I've found my top three choice. I know the bottom line is it's all personal choice. But it helps to get confirmation of what will or won't work and why. Thanks in advance for helping me out with this again.

A little background-If I could do it over again I would have calacatta marble counters and white or marble backsplash (dotcomgone is my new inspiration). Hubby said no to marble years ago : ( My point is I like updated, a bit contemporary classic styles (not sure if I'm terming that correctly). That being said my new choice, pics below, are 4x12 calacatta, 3x6 white subway, 3x6 white glass subway (shown in 4 little squares). I like the Platinum Green random glass shown but am afraid in a couple of years I'll tire of it, though it goes great with the soapstone.

dilemma:

calacatta veining might be too taupe for my green hued soapstone. I'm afraid my kitchen will be very gray and white. I also wonder if the veining limits a damask or toile patterned window covering which I would like to use. But then again the samples I have are subtle in veining and are honed which also tones down the veining.

3x6 white subways might be busy on computer wall.

Also, I love the chandy but am wondering if I should do something in bronze(example shown below) to tie in with counters and hardware. And not to worry, as this chandy will look stunning in the bathroom when we tackle that project!

TIA!

left to right: 3x6 sub., glass tiles (would get 3x6), 4x12 marble

Just for visual at a distance

fabrics concidered

possible chandy if I should include ORB

Comments (39)