SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gmom74

Another 'What Would You Do'

gmom74
15 years ago

We are having to clean out a lot of boxes that have been kept for years, a lot of which were my mother's things. I have found 12 Bibles, clippings from magazines and papers, old bank statements, and a lot of booklets from her many club joinings and many other things too numerous to mention . Most of the clippings are getting thrown away, also old bank statements are being shredded. But what do I do with the Bibles? Most are old and not in good condition. Is it acceptable to throw them away? And what to do with all the club booklets- she loved joining clubs and getting her name in the booklets. Sometimes she was president, V.P. or on committees so she wasn't just a non-working member. My children don't want to be burdened with several boxes of old papers but I feel guilty throwing them away. It was part of her life. The clubs don't exist any longer so I can't donate what might be their history to them. So I was wondering what those of you who have had to do something with family things, did with them?

Comments (21)