SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Please help me match purples! Long, w/pics

caroline94535
16 years ago

I posted this on the Home Decorating forum; but I need advice from the "home girls", too. Forgive me for being long winded; I have a lot of issues going on in this room. LOL

I'm choosing paint for the sewing room. It's 12x12 with an 8' ceiling. It has one 35x51 north window and one 35x70 east window. They will be dressed with hidden roller blinds and lace panels.

I want to paint the walls pale lavender and the ceiling an even paler yellow. I have a "purple" love seat that will sit in the room. The loveseat is a red-based dark purple. The paint I love best is a pale blue-based lavender.

The other furnishings will include a non-descript sewing table, and antique Pfaff sewing cabinet, a walnut chest-on-chest, one or two book cases.

When the room must function as a guest room for the MIL, I'll put a twin bed in there temporarily. I have a lovely bedding that coordinates with the paint I want to use.

Do I paint the room the color I want, and live with the love seat as is? Do I try to slipcover the loveseat so it coordinates better with the paint? Or, do I use a paint color that is not my "first choice" to blend in with the loveseat? If I do this, the bedding will not coordinate with the paint, but it won't be used more than twice a year, at most.

...Here's the loveseat, in our house on base. During certain times of the day the loveseat looks more brown than purple. This room received a lot of light; the new sewing room does not.

...Here's the paint color, bedding, and a wash stand I may use in the room.

...Walnut chest in old room on base and my craft table.

...Future sewing room in the raw. New windows just in, floor striped. Before major wall cleaning.

Any ideas ladies? I'm not in love with slip covers, but this is "my" parlor and won't get a lot of stress and strain.

Comments (16)