SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

I need an easy meat or fish idea for a buffet

lpinkmountain
13 years ago

Having some friends over this Saturday for dinner. Originally it was going to be a sit down with Moroccan chicken but I got overly enthusiastic and asked some more friends that I wanted to see before I leave for MI for the holidays. So now there's too many people for a total sit down at my tiny place so I'm thinking buffet. Somehow I don't think Moroccan chicken is going to work, but I could be wrong. Seems too hard to eat chicken pieces bone-in at a buffet. My second thought was kofta burgers, which I have made and has been a big success, but now I'm a little bit sick (nothing catching). I should be OK by Saturday but I just don't think I'll have the energy to do much but I don't want to cancel. I think I'll be OK since the farm market with all kinds of yumminess is only three blocks away, but I don't know what to do for meat that is easy. I'm going for a Greek theme, I've done this kind of thing before. Here's the menu:

- Store bought hummus and baba ganoush with pita

- Stuffed grape leaves from the deli

- Tsatsiki if I'm up to making it, or some other marinated salad from the deli if I'm not

- Greek baked pasta - with feta, one of my specialties, and easy peasy

- A big salad with store prepared greens

- Baklava from the Greek bakery

- Assorted cookies, whatever looks good, maybe sesame drops or just plain old spice cookies

But I need one more substantial thing, don't you think?? Veal, pork or shrimp are NOT options. I'm wondering about those little lamb chops worth about 3 bites. They seem so darn expensive and to me, over priced. I was thinking maybe lamb kebabs but I can't hardly find any lamb, and especially not something cut up. So maybe chicken kabobs?? I've never made those, would they be any good?? Something with boneless chicken thighs or breasts??

I could also do fish of some kind, or scallops . . . Maybe tuna kabobs?? I'm out of my element. I need an easy suggestion.

Comments (10)