SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lola1_gw

Help - I'm really desperate

lola1
15 years ago

First of all Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to all of you. I've lurked here for over 3 years and during this time of year I just want to thank you for all your helpfulness and expertise-sharing.

I have a problem and I'm on the verge.

Sent out 4 invitations to family 2 wks ago for Christmas Eve and heard back from 1 - DMIL. So the rsvp thing does not work with DH's family, which at some point in my life I just need to get over.

However, because no one else has rsvp'd, I'm having a real hard time deciding what to serve. The original plan was prime rib or beef wellington. There could be picky-eaters, specifically children 12-17, that I would like to accommodate but should I serve roast *and* offer chicken breast? On one hand, as the hostess I want to be accommodating and gracious, but on the other hand, admittedly I can't handle the good food going to waste. I wasn't raised like that.

Then, I get confused and think I'll just do a ham because at least everyone will eat ham. However, roasts are few and far between in our house seeing as I don't eat much beef and DH has had visions of sugarplum beef wellington dancing in his head.

How do you handle serving special (holiday) meals while accommodating the slightly more picky eaters and those who yearn for something special?

What to do??? Sorry so long. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022