SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sagebrushy

Mold - Please help!! I'm desperate (long)

sagebrushy
15 years ago

Hi Folks,

New to this forum. I have a neighbor with a mold problem which she has decided is my problem. We live in northcentral WA. Very hot & dry though a few blocks from the Columbia River.

They water in the morning 4:00 am every day for 1/2 hour. Their ground never has a chance to dry, even on the top layer. I on the other hand water every other day for 1/2 hour (also around 4AM). My lawn isn't as green as theirs but I don't use chemicals. There is a wall between us which is level with my yard. I water with an adjustable Melnor 4200 (love it). They have automatic sprinklers. We have wind here most of the time of some degree or another except in the early morning hours.

The wife has been giving me grief for the past 2 years because my watering gets on their property. She refuses to accept that God controls the wind. She wants me out there every 10 min or so to make sure the wind isn't blowing my water her way. She has a mold problem along the side of her lawn that is next to and on the wall (railroad ties). She thinks the mold is my fault because my water gets over there no matter how hard I try to appease her. (Yes, I'm an enabler). We got in a really loud scheeching fight yesterday. After we got that out of our system I suggested that perhaps she would like to take the responsibility of watering my strip. That way she could make sure her strip didn't get any of my water. She didn't like that idea so I suggested that they just not water there and that I would water it along with my own. She liked that a lot better and thought that if I watered Mon, Wed, & Fri, she would water Tue, Thurs, Sat, Sunday. So we made up but it is not going to help her mold situation. She says they buy something to stop the mold which is $15 a bottle and it barely takes care of the length of her boundary.

So, now the question. Other than not watering so much is there anything I could suggest. I forgot to say that the boundary along the RR ties gets very little if any sun.

Please help!! She raises my blood pressure to see her or hear her voice.

Comments (2)