SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxyplx

Pumpkin Soup

mxyplx
10 years ago

Cleaned out the canned good cupboard found 2 can of pumpkin stuff (100% calabaza pura) slightly past their use by date. 30 months and 31 months. What to do? Well how bout soup since it will be a hot day in January whenever I make another pie. (1975 - apple pie with buckwheat crust - had it all to myself for some reason).

I looked on the web for a recipe or the general idea and (after wading thru various life experiences) found (when they finally got to the recipe) nothing but super delicious soups that were so nice and thick and creamy tasting with much Heavy Cream and Large Eggs and Melted Butter and Sugar that I had to drink strong black coffee just reading them.

Here is what I made up:

1 29 oz can of pumpkin (30 months past due)
2 14.5 oz cans of chicken broth
Salt
Curry
Cinnamon
Ginger
McCormick Hot Mexican Style Chili Powder
Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
Picante Bufalo Jalapeno Rojo Sauce
5/8 Cup Poison White Sugar
================
Not one damn drop of damn Heavy damn Cream!
Not one damn egg.
No butter.
===============
Served up with Thomas Original English Muffins carefully sliced in half with a serrated knife (split em with 2 forks? Oh yeah?) toasted in the garage where I have hidden the toaster (2 minutes 47 seconds round trip) lightly buttered.

It did not taste creamy! It tasted good. I am not totally stuffed. And I do not wish I had not ate it.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths